What In the World is This?

This blog follows my life and daily adventures; everything from things that annoy me to tips and tricks I've picked up along the way. And you're just lucky enough to have stumbled upon this beauty of a blog, you're welcome.

Friday 10 May 2013

Poem Cycle and all that Jazz

So, today we are having to put a poem from our poem cycle that we have been working on for the past little bit. I've decided to put my third poem from my cycle. First I'll let you know what my poem cycle is about; it goes back and forth from the boys perspective to the girls on their love. One can see their story from the very beginning to the very end, and I have choosen to show you the poem in the boys perspective of when they are infatuated with eachother.



I cannot take my eyes off of her,
glued like piece of paper.
This budding love is sprinkled with magic and I can hardly get enough.
Like a fairy godmother she is kind and helpful, always doing things for others.
Deception is not there, for she is pure shining gold.
Swift and sweet her words flow from her porcelain lips,
ever so delicate and smooth.
Glued like a piece of paper,
I cannot take my eyes off of her.

I have yet to edit this piece or add to it so this in generally the rough draft. Like I said before it's the boy's view on a girl he's infatuated with. It's that stage in a relationhip where everything is new and exciting and you find yourself constantly thinking about them. You can't believe that you've found someone so wonderful and you spend every waking minute of every day talking to them or being around them. In your eyes they can do no wrong at this point and everything seems perfect. It's a major stage in a relationship so I definitely wanted to touch on it in my cycle. Some people call it 'the honeymoon stage' and it makes sense. I've written this poem so it starts and ends with the same line, I found this really effective. I have a feeling I'm going to add more because although it's 8 mines it feels sort of short compared to what could be said. I want people to feel the excitement in this boy for finding a girl and possibly take them back to a time where they have felt the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment